ARCSA’s 300 Level Design and Construction Workshop is a requirement for the 300 Level “Rainwater Harvesting Master” (RWHM) designation. Individuals seeking 200 Level “Accredited Professional” (AP) designation are also encouraged to attend but it is not a requirement to be an AP. The workshop is open to all individuals interested in improving their design and construction skills.
The 2-3 day workshop will assist designers and construction workers in installing safe, effective and efficient rainwater collection systems that meet the goals and needs of the client. Instruction is mostly in the field, with minimal classroom time.
The course outline includes:
- Design and site plans, bids and contracts
- Calculating size, friction and volume needed to achieve goals
- Constructing an effective above ground systems as a team - from the gutter through the tank and pump for the desired usage
- System components including downspouts, wet and dry systems, air-gap, back flow prevention, first flush, calming inlet, adding make-up water, connections and pumps
- Systems constructed for outdoor and indoor non-potable uses
Presented by an ARCSA approved instructor
Cost: $375 if registered by Sept. 10th, $475 after