US Green Building Council Keys Branch Presents:
1st ANNUAL KEY WEST SUSTAINABILITY SUMMIT
▪ Key West’s New BPAS Permitting Laws (Simplified)
▪ “Off the Water Grid” Rainwater Harvesting Systems
▪ Government and Global Greenhouse Gas Solutions
FREE! - If Pre-Registered by email or phone
Harvey Government Center, Wednesday, August 12, 9:00 am to Noon
- How to meet the City of Key West’s new green building sustainability standards for USGBC LEED, FGBC and ARCSA with water, energy, site, materials and health basic credits explained.
- The history and new technology utilized in designing, building and/or restoring healthy contaminant free water storage tanks and cisterns to remain mosquito and disease free.
- Explanation of the new $500.00 FKAA rebate for cistern conversions. Permitting steps for success presented by the Monroe County Health Department and the Florida Keys Aqueduct Authority.
- Rainwater Harvesting Systems from roof through cistern storage, purification and distribution to household or landscape irrigation using the latest state-of-the-art water technology.
- The role of government and green sustainability organizations and the potential "Tipping Point" of the Earth's air and water environment due to greenhouse gas emissions and global warming.
○ Richard C. Lightner III, USGBC LEED AP BD+C - FGBC Certifying Agent - ARCSA Florida Regional Rep AP
○ Alison Higgins, KW Sustainability Director
○ Richard McChesney, Esq., Spottswood-Spottswood-Spottswood
○ Julie Cheon, FKAA Water Quality & Environmental Manager
○ Bill Brookman, County Director of Community Health
○ Michael Doyle, Executive Director, Florida Keys Mosquito Control District
○ Aileen Garrido, A20 Architecture, LLC
Click Here to Download the AGENDA
Click Here to Download the FLYER Recognizing our Valuable SPONSORS!