Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join Now!
Community Search
Future of RWH - D. Rochat
Moderator(s): John Hammerstrom
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

11/3/2013 at 1:02:16 AM GMT
Future of RWH - D. Rochat

My Current View Regarding the Future of Rainwater Harvesting

I am most interested in the local face of rainwater harvesting. That is the "dealer” or system supplier.

My view is that successful market penetration followed by successfully installed/operating systems requires a lot of hard work and integrity. It will, in my opinion, make a difference that new markets be penetrated by a solid company that can gain trust and sell the concept. Storm water engineers, codes officials, building owners, architects, engineers, and specifiers must all buy in. Good local promotion and community involvement is needed as well. Finally, the local dealer must deliver on expertise in design consultation, integration, and future scheduled maintenance/repair.

Local boots on the ground, building relationships and doing the hard work every day, will do the most to create a favorable climate for sales and installations of rainwater harvesting systems.

I feel that the distribution models should be more "local dealer” minded regarding this necessary component of the successful implementation of rainwater harvesting into a community

OK – that is my little world in the big picture of grant access, tax credits, mitigation credits, uniform industry standards, R&D, and new technologies that also are necessary, I believe, to make us a strong and healthy industry.

Rainwater is not only an asset but it is quality water. Also it is already on location eliminating significant energy use for transportation. I see, in the future, many homes and commercial/industrial users at net zero water. I believe our industry is a sleeping giant waking up to impact sustainability on an unprecedented scale.

Last edited Sunday, November 3, 2013
more Calendar

3/22/2018 » 3/23/2018
ARCSA: 2-Day Rainwater Harvesting Workshop, 3/22-3/23/18. Richmond, CA

5/2/2018 » 5/3/2018
ARCSA: 2-Day Rainwater Harvesting Workshop, 5/2-5/3/18. Santa Fe, NM

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal