NATIONAL PETITION TO SUPPORT RAINWATER HARVESTING TO LAUNCH APRIL 14, 2015
Wednesday, April 01, 2015
Posted by: ARCSA Admin
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – April 1, 2015
NATIONAL PETITION TO SUPPORT RAINWATER HARVESTING
TO LAUNCH APRIL 14, 2015
Supporters will have 30 days to collect 100,000 names
On April 14th, at the National Water Policy Forum, Fly-In and Expo in Washington, D.C., ARCSA will launch its “We the People” petition, which appeals to the U.S. President to support rainwater harvesting. After the April 14th launch, an email link will be distributed to supporters. If you wish to be placed on the list for that original petition email link and ARCSA’s newsletter, click here. After 150 names are gathered, the petition will be accessible on the WhiteHouse.gov “We the People” website.
We will have 30 days, or until May 13th to collect 100,000 names, which would qualify us for an official response from President Obama. The petition reads as follows:
WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION
… to stimulate the emerging rainwater-harvesting industry, creating new jobs in design, installation, education, R&D, sales, plumbing, landscaping, roofing, monitoring and maintenance, which could propel the U.S. to international leadership, with compounding fiscal benefits.
The justifications include:
• Worldwide demand for clean water exceeds supply.
• Rainwater and stormwater harvesting can help fill the gap while reducing stormwater pollution.
• One inch of rain is over 600 gallons per 1,000 sq. ft. of roof.
• Rain harvesting reduces demand on water infrastructure.
• A new national standard, ARCSA/ASPE/ANSI 63 details safe design & installation.
• Treated rainwater can easily surpass EPA standards.
Contact Heather Kinkade, Executive Director ARCSA - 512-617-6528 - firstname.lastname@example.org
www.ARCSA.org - 501(c)3