Watts Water Technologies is Hiring
Thursday, May 5, 2016
Posted by: ARCSA Admin
St. Pauls, NC
Drive new product success within the water recycling and reuse product lines. Assist in the identification of viable product concepts; execution of product introductions through sound engineering, technical and project management practices; while adhering to established Watts’ new product development core processes. This position requires interaction with all major functional department representatives along with two other core processes, which include: customer acquisition and management, and order fulfillment. This position reports to the New Product Development Manager and supports the overall corporate business.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Identifies sources of new product ideas and actively participates in brainstorming sessions.
• Gathers technical information as it relates to each viable opportunity. Actively participates in the evaluation of opportunities in the areas of strategic fit, competitive advantage, technical feasibility, economics, market attractiveness and synergies.
• Develops project plans, project schedules, resource requirements, and economic analyses and appropriately applies applicable evaluation criteria to each assigned potential project prior to submittal into the Watts Project Ranking Process.
• Functions as a project lead – when assigned – by managing all necessary resources – both human and capital, major tasks, and deliverables in order to ensure that the project is completed on time, within budget, with completeness and with the satisfaction of all major stakeholders.
• Tests concepts/ideas and prototype products for technical viability. Refines concepts and product designs based upon direct or indirect customer or end user feedback and testing.
• Serves on cross-functional teams and provides input, direction and/or leadership in all qualified areas.
• Supports annual NPD Department objectives by ensuring that all major metrics are within an acceptable or agreed upon range. Assist in the development of the annual department budget, assessment of capabilities and identification of requested enhancements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or electrical Engineering, from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 5 years of an Engineering background in a product development role
• Familiarity and hands-on experience with water treatment systems, booster pumping systems, rainwater harvesting and/or stormwater engineering
• Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
• Ability to guide and influence others
• Solid project management skills and ability to monitor and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments
• Demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with the process of bringing products to a point of commercial launch
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Travel Required: 20%
Interested parties pleas contact Kathleen at email@example.com