WORLD PLUMBING DAY 2012 - MARCH 11 every year, everywhere.
The World Plumbing Council is looking for your support for this global event to maximize the profile of plumbing and its value to the world community, and your community, too.
What can you do?
There are lots of activities that individuals and member organizations have arranged during previous World Plumbing Day activities, which include;
- Presentations at schools (see power points at www.worldplumbingday.org to assist you deliver these presentations).
- An International School Poster Competition with a US$1000 prize for the best school, on again this year.
- Bar-b-ques, breakfasts, tradeshows, industry days etc.
- Letters to the editor of local papers, articles in trade magazines and industry journals promoting the value of plumbing.
- Motions of support in state & national Parliaments.
- Support the Twitter Challenge.
For more ideas on activities go to http://www.worldplumbingday.org/en/component/content/article/2-pr/6-suggested-activities
This year March 11 falls on a Monday this provides be a great opportunity for Plumbing training & skill centers and industry organisations to have an open day focusing on career opportunities, skills and green plumbing and how this industry has made, and continues to make, a significant impact on the health and welfare of our communities for generations.
Let us know your plans for celebrating World Plumbing Day so that we can list them on our World Plumbing Day website, it is never to early to start planning. Perhaps for those member organisations with their own membership you could forward this email to them?
The Twitter Challenge – on again in 2013
1. We ask all Members to put a link on their website home page and in any electronic newsletter that you might be sending out leading up to World Plumbing Day: https://twitter.com/#!/@WPlumbingDay
2. Any Members already on twitter we would love to see you post regular "Tweets” about World Plumbing Day over the next few months.
3. We would ask each Member organization to get their staff on board, and to let their own members know of the Challenge and to promote World Plumbing Day and our twitter feed.
4. Follow other plumbing related twitter feeds, some will automatically reciprocate creating more followers.
Tips for posting on twitter:
- Tweets are limited to 140 characters, which includes spaces and punctuation, so you have to be brief.
- You can include links to web sites, but it’s a good idea to keep the link short (eg.,throughwww.tinyurl.com or other sites).
- If posting a tweet about World Plumbing Day on another twitter feed, please include: @WPlumbingDay
- This will allow readers to "Click” on the twitter name and go directly to the World Plumbing Day twitter page. And when there is room, consider also includingwww.worldplumbingday.org
We’ll be getting more information out to Members in the New Year, in the meantime a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year.