ARCSA’s "Design and Construction” Workshop is a requirement for the Rainwater Harvesting Master designation or Inspection Specialist designation. Individuals seeking the "Accredited Professional” (AP) designation are also encouraged to attend,but it is not a requirement to be an AP. The workshop is open to all individuals interested in improving their design and construction skills.
The two- to three-day workshop will assist designers and construction workers in installing safe, effective, and efficient rainwater collection systems that meet the goals and needs of the client. Instruction is mostly in the field, with minimal classroom time.
The course outline includes:
- Design and site plans, bids, and contracts
- Calculating size, friction, and volume needed to achieve goals
- Constructing an effective above ground systems as a team—from the gutter through the tank and pump for the desired usage
- System components including downspouts, wet and dry systems, air-gap, back flow prevention, first flush, calming inlet, adding make-up water, connections, and pumps
- Systems constructed for outdoor and indoor non-potable uses
Prerequisite: None to take the workshop. However, it is recommended the AP workshop has been completed. This workshop will count as one system toward the five systems required for the AP recognition.
Workshop Cost: $395 per person
No Required CEUs
Passing the ARCSA exams indicates that you have demonstrated knowledge and skills deemed important by the rainwater harvesting community at a given point in time and at a given level of education. It is not a form of licensure, and is not an indication of professional competency in the field. Much of the information contained in this manual is based on techniques and best practices developed by nationally and internationally recognized associations and are published for use in the ARCSA Training and Certification Programs. ARCSA disclaims all liability for the use, application or adaptation of the information contained in this manual.
The Mission of the American Rainwater Catchment Systems Association is to promote sustainable rainwater-harvesting practices to help solve potable, non-potable, storm water and energy Challenges throughout the world.