|Project Gallery: TheRainSaver 1|
Tel: 404-234-1358 E-mail: email@example.com
Type of installation: Non Profit Government, Atlanta, GA USA
Can the public access or visit this site? Yes
These installations are in public parks
Washington Park, Michigan Ave Atlanta, GA 30314
Lang Carson, Wylie St. 30316
Grove Park, Hortense Place 30314
Average Annual Rainfall for this region: 48”
Purpose of catchment (household reuse, landscaping, etc.): Community Garden Park Pride, http://www.parkpride.org, a non profit that manages to coordinate more than 15,000 hours of volunteer work in Atlanta parks annually, also works with communities to develop conceptual plans for their parks through our Park Visioning program and Park Pride is able to engage and serve the community by focusing on advocacy efforts as well as getting people involved in the Adopt-a-Park, Fiscal Partners and Micro Grant Programs which funded the community gardens and rainwater harvesting systems.
• Features include roof washer to screen debris and mosquitos
• First flush diverter to clean the dirty water that washes from the roof containing
pollen and dust
• Calming inlet to prevent the incoming water from disturbing any residue on the
bottom and a pee trap to keep mosquitos from escaping.
• Screens to grow vines on the tank as an aesthetic feature.
• Raintube gutter guards and overflow water diffuser.
• Each tank holds 500 gallons and is made from potable food-grade plastics.
Suppliers: Rain Harvest Systems Raintube Tank Depot
Conveyance: Gravity Storage: 500 gallon PE Tanks
Delivery and treatment (if any): Gravity
Special features: Green Wrap Screening for aesthetics and protection from UV Raintube used as a water diffuser and vermin screen. Useful information for replicating this project: Place something around the perimeter to protect from landscaping crew and lawn mowers. The screen also can help with graffiti.
Contact us at this link.
|Join Our Mailing List|